Further and higher education

All students aged 16 - 19 (up to 25 with an EHCP) should follow a tailored study programme. Your EHC plan will be reviewed yearly and from year 9, your plans for after you are 16 will be discussed.

You can also speak with the careers advisor for your school or educational setting about your post-16 plans. 

At 16 years old you can choose if you want to go into employment and training or to:

Education options after 16 years old

Sixth form at a Walsall school

You can find a sixth form in Walsall with our schools directory.

Further education college

Find out more about further education options with Walsall College. There are other colleges in the area such as:

Study at university

Find out about about university courses, applying for and studying in higher education.

Paying for college or university

Find out about the funding you can get to help pay for education costs.

UCAS have more information about funding and loans you can get to pay for university study. You may be eligible for Disabled Students Allowance to help with costs.

Support for care leavers

The Care Leavers Association provide lots of information for care leavers going into further or higher education.