Help with learning

Find out about the support your child can get from their nursery, school or college

cartoon image of an adult and child talking
A smiling little girl with her hair in plaits

Education, health and care (EHC)

How to apply for an EHC assessment, and information about plans and reviews

A teacher signing with a little girl in a classroom

Help you can get when your child is in school

Support that's available when your child is in nursery, school or college

A boy looking at books in a library, and using a wheelchair

Walsall education options

Find the right learning setting in Walsall that meets your child's special educational needs

Helping your child to learn and thrive

Most children and young people with SEND will get the help they need in a mainstream nursery, school or college. You can learn more about finding the right school and level of support for your child, and how your SENCo can help.

If that's not enough, you can ask for an education, health and care (EHC) assessment. This may mean your child gets extra support via an EHC plan in their school.

For some children, a special school will be the best setting for them.

Contact information

Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.

Write to us:

The Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP